Top Menu

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Little Swimmers

Swimming lessons.  The big debate in my house continued for at least 6 months before we actually got them to a swim school.  So over the past holidays the kids went for an "intensive course": 4 consecutive days of lessons.


My main goal was to get Christopher into the water.  Always hovering around the edge of the pool during last summer, fearful of getting in or getting water on his face! (reminds me of myself as a kid).  My goal was achieved - I'm so proud of my baby boy, from not even going close water, to getting in, splashing around and diving under to fetch some toys... what a significant development!


Sophia, on the other hand is... well, she's stubborn and has to do everything in her own time.  The lessons weren't a complete waste of time, and did benefit her confidence, although she never really had a problem with getting in the pool in the first place.  In the short 15 min they in the water, if she didn't feel like looking for toys under the surface... she didn't look for them.  And that was that. Stubborn.  (i'm told that this is also much like me).  But every day she was the first in the car and loved to go to the lessons.


All in all, a good start, especially for Chris, and something that we'll continue with!

















Enjoy the warm-but-good-for-the-grass-rain today
♥ Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...