Top Menu

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Hello Yellow!


I fell in love with this yellow and grey colour scheme....(thanks Pinterest!)... simple yet happy, neutral -  with a significant pop, gentle and fresh.  Well...


...as you can clearly see, my inspiration board and actual room are miles apart... in fact they're in different time zones entirely!

The yellow is off-key, the temporary curtains with the "hello"-turquoise detail are severely hampering the effect... and the lack of artwork/accessories is dismal.


Except for the jumping monkey, I feel the space is lacking severely.  So back to the drawing-board:
 * Get new curtains
* Get storage!
* Get artwork
* Get side-tables to fit
* Get a door
* Get some rest!

Anybody got more ideas for me!?!?




What I am happy about is having a carpet installed and having the skirting boards put in immediately (and not waiting a year, like in our lounge) and redoing the yucky old steel window frame (more on that in another post) and of course I'm super-amped that the space and the whole house is taking shape. 

The next phase of bedroom renovation will hopefully see us knocking through another wall (the one that the tree was painted on) to the outside room to create a dressing space and en-suite bathroom - this I think, will happen in about a hundred years time. Not just from a financial perspective, but also from a disruptive-chaos point of view. 
Enough with the havoc! in with the calm, harmony and organisation ;)



Thoughts, feedback & advice most welcome!


2 comments:

  1. Jo! House seems to be starting to look lovely but I cant imagine it...do you have a before and after floor plan you can post so we can see? Love the yellow stuffs! Its the colour of communication isnt it? <3 Liezl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Liezl, thanks for the comment... hmmm floor plan, good idea, will have to see how I can post it on-line... unless I maybe brave my own drawing? will keep you posted! xx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...