Top Menu

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Homemade Play-Dough Tutorial

I think I may have come across the best home-made playdough recipe EVER!  Really easy & fast to make and way cheaper than the store-bought ones.
Whilst making a batch as little gifts for Sophia's birthday party packs,I quickly grabbed my camera to take pics to share the recipe with you:






Ingredients:
250 ml Flour
125 ml Salt
2 tsp Cream of Tartar
250 ml Water
30 ml Veg Oil
Food Colouring 




 1.) Add "dry" ingredients to Pan: Flour, Salt, Cream of Tartar 





2.) Mix "wet" ingredients: Water, Oil, Food Colouring (the more you add, the more intense your colour - less you add, the more pastel the colour)



3.) Combine liquid with contents of pan, turn the stove on ;)



4.) Stir it up, it will turn into a gloopy mixture




5.) After about a minute of stirring, it will become more stiff and after a few more seconds it will start binding into a ball of dough




6.) Remove from heat



7.) Knead the dough until you get the consistency that you want
I usually make the play dough with my kids, let them pour the contents into the pan before I stir it up... so when I start kneading it, they can't wait to have a turn! Be careful because it will still be hot straight from the pan... give it a minute.



I made a few batches, measured out 100g balls, and put them in plastic containers labelled Sophia's Playdough.  I still wanted to add some glitter to the mix to make it all sparkly for the occasion, but didn't get there - next time.



 They were added to the party packs... more on that in another post!



Give it a try, it really goes so quick and will have your little ones occupied for at least 30 minutes before they demand your attention again ;)


Let me know if you make it, and how it turns out!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...