Top Menu

Friday, November 11, 2011

Kids Activity: Chopping!

I wonder if there are any other Mommies who face the same challenge just before suic... ahem, I mean crazy hour. You know, that time of the day when everything just collapses into chaos, and no matter  how much you plan ahead and prepare things to make your life easier, somehow it all just ends up in tears anyway?  
Often whilst I'm making dinner the whining/moaning/crying starts. Not ACTUALLY being a real-life octopus with 8 arms, I'm unable to play referee, nurse and chef at exactly that same minute. So I've had to rope them in to help me cook, in a desperate attempt to keep things under semi-control. 

Enter = Chopping!

An activity that they don't seem to tire of is cutting.  
Armed with their "baby-blunt-knives" and little boards, they helped me make supper by chopping up some mushrooms.
I'm thinking that it's a good skill to teach them (I may be wrong?) but at least they having fun and it keeps them busy for at least 10 min so that I can get some of the "real" cooking done.  I'm slowly running out of ideas for mushroom dishes, and will have to look into other possible foods that they could chop up for me, that aren't too hard or tricky to cut.

Suggestions anyone?




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...