Top Menu

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

First of the Forest Walks

When we got to Germany, one of the first outings with the kids was to the forest, for a fresh and cool walk... unfortunately I couldn't go with.  It seems that Murphy travelled with me from South Africa, and surprised me the day after we landed. 

In an attempt to pick up a screaming Sophia in front of the shop around the corner from the house, I put out my back... a searing pain shot up my spine, and it went into a very painful spasm.  Walking home from there, up close to a million steps was not fun.  First week of my holiday spent on the couch. Yay. Not.

The reason for Sophia having a full-on tantrum was because she refused to put on her beanie... which was another unforeseen element to our holiday. She hates cold weather, and also hates getting dressed warmly to go out into winter.  So this lead to many hours of coaxing, reasoning, yelling, threatening and bribing just to get her to put on a pair of tights!

This would explain the sullen look on her face in many holiday pics, whereas Christopher is a completely different kid. Loves the cold, loves going outside in winter - in fact, since we've been back to some amazing sunshine weather, he's already asked me to go back to see some more snow... I asked if he doesn't preferred running through the sprinkler at home in the sunshine.  Apparently not.

I wish I could take credit for these amazing snapshots, but they're all Matty's doing ;)








Exciting times ahead, getting ready to launch my new Photography website... can't wait!
Watch this space,

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...